Before I give you the details about my DJ services, let's take a quick look at some pictures and videos:
Here is a link to a completely unedited gallery of pictures and videos from various events:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Consumer digital cameras do not record the best quality images & sound. And I am not trained as a photographer or videographer. East Bay Digital Sound uses sound systems many times better than the average mobile DJ because I am a full service sound and & lighting production company. Please do not judge how impressive my sound & lighting systems are from the multimedia I offer on the website. These videos are just examples of what a great time people have at events I entertain at. Read reviews, even read about what equipment I use if you are interested.
Some tips when viewing multimedia on my SmugMug site:
1. When you hover the mouse over a picture, if you see a little movie camera icon in the lower left, that means it's a video file.
2. If you look on the lower right of a video file you will see the word "Auto". This is for video quality but the "Auto" setting doesn't work that well. Click that icon and set the video quality to the highest you can view on your monitor or TV.
Below are some random video samples in addition to the ones on my SmugMug site.
High School Dance:
Not the easiest crowd to please. No problem for East Bay Digital Sound.
Performing for young teens. Piece of cake for East Bay Digital Sound.
There is a lot of information about the company and my services on our About us page. I will repeat some of it here however so you can see it all in one place:
1. I have been a professional musician, DJ, and trained sound & lighting technician for 40+ years. So you don't just get a DJ who knows how to play music. You get a seasoned professional entertainer who is trained in sound systems, lighting systems, and music in general. I also have years of experience MC'ing events and interacting with audiences. These are not the credentials of your usual DJ.
2. Because East Bay Digital Sound is a full service sound & lighting production company, I arrive with equipment of a much higher quality than almost all mobile DJ companies. I use only state-of-the-art equipment of the highest quality. My sound systems are many times far superior to any other mobile DJ you will talk with.
3. My lighting systems are equally impressive. They include wash lights, lasers, strobes, and hazers. In fact I own and operate an amazing laser light show system that equals systems used in big concert venues without taking up a lot of space. These lasers can produce stunning romantic visual effects that can't be matched by other mobile DJ's.
And a super bonus of using East Bay Digital Sound? I provide up to 20 battery powered, remote controlled LED up-lights for absolutely no extra charge. This is unheard of in the DJ business. Most DJ companies will charge anywhere from $200 to $500 extra to set up and use up-lighting. At the bottom of this web page are some pictures of my uplighting and two short videos of just a few of my many lights in action at some events. Imagine this kind of lighting at your event........... and this is only the beginning..................
4. If you're having a wedding and are having the ceremony outdoors and the reception indoors, or the ceremony and reception in two different rooms, or a cocktail hour in a separate room, I will set up two separate sound systems, one for the ceremony/cocktail hour and one for the reception. Not only that but I will do it at no extra charge. And I have all the microphones, both wired and wireless, that you could possibly ever need since I also do sound and lighting for concerts, talent shows, fashion shows, etc.
5. I can provide a high definition projector and large High Definition screen for slideshows and video shows. Not only that, I will help you create your slideshow if you give me enough time and provide the pictures.
6. I never charge for travel time to and from your event as long as your venue is within 75 miles of my home in Martinez each way. If your venue is between 75 and 90 miles each way there is a $50 surcharge. If your venue is between 90 and 120 miles each way there is a $100 surcharge. I do not travel over 120 miles each way for an event. And I never charge for the time it takes to set up or break down at the end of the event. If I quote you a price for an event, any travel surcharge has already been calculated and included in the quote.
7. I arrive with about 90,000 songs in my music library. But I am also online to several professional music services during your event and can download almost any song from any generation you can think of in just a minute or two. So it's pretty much impossible to stump me with requests. I have access to over 12 million songs both before and during your event.
8. I am a member of the National Association of Mobile Entertainers and the School Dance Network. This means that I have the capability to play all the latest hits from radio versions perfectly suitable for teen birthday parties, Bar and Bat Mitzvah's, school dances, and any other event in which you want the latest hits without the harsh language (language not permitted on the radio).
9. I offer GOBO (projected images) services. This is not a free service because the GOBOs have to be designed and then professionally manufactured. The starting fee for a custom GOBO projection at your event is $160 for a B/W GOBO and $275 for a color GOBO. Here is a sample of a B/W GOBO projection:
10. I offer custom song design. This is when pieces of different songs are taken apart and/or spliced together, special fade-outs, build-ups, etc are needed. I offer this custom service at the very reasonable price of $25/hour with a 1 hour minimum. Generally I can do two special song mixes in one hour.
11. I can offer various types of games for both adults or teens. If you are interested in this, please give me a call and we can talk about what you'd like to see happen at your event.
12. Did I mention that I am just plain easy and fun to work with? That's important too. I don't do this for a living so I never will act like "I have to do it". I will always act like "I love to do it" because it's the truth. That can make your experience working with an entertainment company much more enjoyable.
Here are a few pictures of up-lighting at some recent events. Remember, I don't charge extra to set this up at your event.............
Single Laser Light
And here is a short video of just one single laser light during a backyard show just to show the excitement good lighting can produce.
Multiple Laser Lights
Here is another video of some lighting effects that you get at no additional charge when you hire East Bay Digital Sound for your event.
Laser Light Projector
Below is a small sample of what my laser light projector can do. But believe me it does a lot more than designs. It can do text, animated objects like people and animals, and much more. It is one of the things that truly makes East Bay Digital Sound stand out above the rest.
So what are you waiting for? Don't just throw a party, throw an event! Please give me a call. My contact info is on the Contact Us page. Your guests will leave saying 'Wow, that was an event to remember!'.
Are you the type of person I am, wanting to know all about the equipment that would get used at your event? Click HERE to see pictures and descriptions of all the equipment I use (descriptions are still being developed).
I sure hope to hear from you real soon. Events book far in advance so don't hesitate. You don't want to miss your chance to have East Bay Digital Sound come entertain you and your guests on your special day.